Eepsites – Web offers on the I2P net

General I2P related talk
lgillis

Eepsites – Web offers on the I2P net

Post by lgillis »

Automated indexes search the part of I2P that is visible to them and generate more or less detailed lists of the websites found. These Eepsites are a good starting point for users.

Notbob makes the start. Notbop is a colorful page for tracking the online status of Eesites. This means that Notbop checks whether and how well the Eepsite is available. In addition to a categorization, the complete addresses are offered, which is always helpful if the new domain is not yet in the address book. Notbob does not tell you anything about the structure of the sites, whether external websites are integrated or whether the site only works with Javascript.
  • http://notbob.i2p/
    • Unfinished site or no meaningful content: wip
    • Pastebin (text-based uploads): pastebin
    • User forums: forum
    • Uncategorized: unsorted
    • Personal website or blog: personal
    • Personal website or blog: humanrights
    • Cryptocurrency, marketplace or commercial service: cryptocoin
    • Search engine: search
    • News or current affairs based site: news
    • Site providing network statistics or analysis: stats
    • Online gaming: game
    • Image gallery: gallery
    • Potentially offensive or NSFW: warning
    • Site providing or relating to software: software
    • Non-http service which may provide web front-end: tool
    • Site hosting ebooks or other reference material: ebook
    • Git repository or related service: git
    • Wiki (usually offering user-submitted content): wiki
    • BitTorrent tracker or torrent-based content: tracker
    • File hosting: filehost
    • Video content: video
    • Site providing online help or technical support: help
    • Site providing online help or technical support: drugs
    • Filesharing service: fileshare
    • Official I2P site: i2p
    • Site providing audio streaming services: radio
    • New hosts seen in the last week: New
Bob also runs a daily blog where he rates websites according to his criteria; you can subscribe to it as an RSS feed.
lgillis

Re: Eepsites – Web offers on the I2P net

Post by lgillis »

I2P wiki – did you know that I2P has a collaborative wiki?

It's no secret that many of you use the Java router. This complete package has a corresponding link to the wiki in a prominent place, at least that was the case at the time.

So here is the link for the users of I2Pd. Maybe one or two of you will enjoy it?
this [I2P wiki] should be a central instance for user2user help inside the I2P network. Feel free to create a login and contribute content about the I2P network.
lgillis

Post by lgillis »

TorrentFreak „Copyright & Piracy News Brief“

I am generally reluctant to pass on links to such sites. This is because they are ordinary sites on the Internet and the only reference to I2P is often that they can also be reached via this network.

But TorrentFreak is about what this and similar internal sites should do, which has not happened in the last two decades. Instead, a progressive strict separation between legal and illegal can be observed, with everything legal being shifted to the Internet. So what's left for I2P are the pirates and antisocials that nobody wants to be seen with. That's another reason why there's no communication here, because everyone knows that the others are like that, real darknet bums who have to use such networks for a good reason; you, on the other hand, are only here for a short time, because of this one thing, you know what I mean, but you're one of the decent ones. And this in turn leads to the migration of sites and to no new ones being created. This is because potential operators observe the environment and ask themselves what a site without visitors is good for. Because fewer sites are now being created, participants are migrating away again and so on. But I digress, here is the self-description and the link from TF:
Documenting copyright trends relevant to the global piracy and anti-piracy landscapes, and what happens when everything inevitably collides, is what TorrentFreak aims to do, week in and week out. However, interesting pieces of information often go unpublished, mostly due to time constraints. Starting today, we'll begin sharing recently spotted news that for one reason or another, didn't quite make it.
lgillis

Post by lgillis »

On the 3rd, zzz wrote: "And within minutes of turning it on [zzz.i2p], the scrapers were back."

Today: http://zzzmirror.i2p/

:)
lgillis

Post by lgillis »

notbob.i2p wrote:Today's site is imperial.i2p. A huge library of ebooks!

imperial.i2p is a massive collection of ebooks. They claim over a million books on the front page. Books are in many languages. You can search by title or author. Super easy and the site was very responsive. Books can also have tags to make the hunt for something even easier.
notbob.i2p
lgillis

Post by lgillis »

MAJOR I2P IRC Bot: "Logging main chats of I2P community for history and other channels just for fun." major.i2p