Puzzle with … reg.i2p

Everything that does not fit anywhere else
lgillis

Puzzle with … reg.i2p

Post by lgillis »

As a quick reminder, reg.i2p is one of the preferred services to provide subscribers with addresses that they do not yet have in their address books. These offers show up automatically as links in the subscribers' browsers if a domain is currently unknown. So far so known.

On the screenshot below we see the result of such a request. The heading is "ERROR", so according to general understanding a program error has occurred. Then follows in signal red the note: "No such host is found". In the domain search field the default is "domain.i2p".

(Screenshot, image/webp, 18.49 KB via sharefile.i2p)

I have a question about this
  • Which domain was searched for? Do you see the domain name I'm looking for?
  • Should I assume my data sent to reg.i2p has been lost as so often? We have all experienced disconnections and their effects and after all we are facing a fat "ERROR".
  • What keeps the programmers of a service made for participants from creating a user-friendly environment?
And anyone who thinks that the participants have to search the address bar of the browser and think what might be meant is mistaken. Darknet does not mean letting people wander around in the dark.